These setup instructions are for the Universal Render Pipeline (URP).
This package is designed for URP. It requires Unity 2021.3 or later.
Please make sure an URP asset is present in Project Settings/Quality and/or Project Settings/Graphics.
Check out the introduction video here:
Setup & Overview
To install the plugin correctly, you need to add the “Radiant Render Feature” to the URP asset:
1) Double click the Universal Rendering Pipeline asset to select it (do this for all URP assets assigned in your Project Settings / Quality and Graphics).
2) Double click the Universal Renderer asset.
3) Click “+” to add the Radiant Render Feature to the list of the Forward Renderer Features.
Note: URP assets can be assigned to Project Settings / Graphics and Project Settings / Quality. Check both sections!
4) Choose the rendering path that Radiant GI should use. You can choose forward or deferred, or a combination of both. If you choose deferred, make sure that the URP renderer is also configured for deferred rendering path! (Deferred is the recommended mode for realistic lighting).
Finally, the “Ignore Post Processing” option can be used to allow Radiant to be executed even if post processing is disabled on the camera (disabling post processing on the camera can increase the overall performance so having this option can be useful in some cases).
(You can also find a Universal Rendering Pipeline asset and ready to use in the RadiantGI / Demos / URP Settings folder. Make sure the Radiant Render Feature is listed in the Renderer Features of the Forward Renderer in the pipeline asset).
5) Next, add Radiant Global Illumination effect to any post processing volume in your scene and customize the settings (see next sections for more details).