Author Topic: Beautify 2 - Can we turn off the automatic adding of 'Beautify Scene Settings'?  (Read 61 times)

Fingar

• View Profile
Beautify 2 is amazing guys.
But I'm not a fan of plugins keeps fucking to much with my hierarchy or project setup.

Right now, a new game object for 'Beautify Scene Settings' is spawned whenever Beautify 2 realizes that there is no existing component. The object even has two 'Beautify Scene Settings'-components (which I realize is a bug).

But the issue is that I don't want Beautify to decide when my project/scene needs to use 'Beautify Scene Settings' and just create it whenever that happens. Me, the developer should be in control of that.

So, can we at least get the option to turn off auto-creation of the 'Beautify Scene Settings'? And rather have some warning text blocks or similar that tells me when I'm using Beautify-settings that NEEDS 'Beautify Scene Settings' to work correctly?
That would be great.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This must be a bug.
Beautify for URP needs a BeautifySettings component attached to the post processing volume where Beautify is used to hold scene-related stuff, like the target for the depth of field. These are dynamic values which are not part of the post processing profile and are scene dependent.
I guess we can prevent spawning such gameobject if Beautify is not found in the scene (I'm unsure right now why it's being created so early, I understand you are not using Beautify at the time the gameobject is spawned right?)

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is now fixed in latest beta which will be released next week.