Author Topic: Hacking/Modding the Asset  (Read 20 times)

JaredBGreat

• View Profile
Hacking/Modding the Asset
« on: October 08, 2021, 03:13:38 AM »
Do you have any problem us extending or making some changes to the core Voxel Play scripts.  There are a few things I'd like to make work differently.

For example, I'd like to have the voxels take persistent damage, based on something like damage take = damage in - damage resistance; basically they take damage and die, much like enemies, breaking on "death."  Similarly, I'd like to try to set up collapse to work like the EnviroMine mod for Minecraft (where blocks of a variable related to tensile strength and inversely to weight, allowing them to be supported at a set range).  Really, there are bound to be many things I'd like to change.  It seems I bought the asset, so I should be able to do with it as I like, but I see there is a private directory (where the juicy code is) and I don't remember seeing a product specific eula, so I decided I should ask before doing too much.

Thank you.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking/Modding the Asset
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 06:42:03 AM »
The Private folder is just a way to organise layers of code that are not public API but other than that, the entire asset is covered by the Unity Asset Store EULA. Feel free to make the adaptations you need for your project :)