Author Topic: 1) Spinning issue when Globe is placed in AR, and 2) Respecting Other UI  (Read 75 times)

dxrdev0

• View Profile
I am running into some problems running WPM.

1) Problem: When I place the globe in AR, the globe starts spinning fast counterclockwise.
  • Building to Android
  • Using AR Foundation, with AR Core
  • WPM settings: Grid off; countries, provinces, and cities are disabled; Respect Other UI is the only interaction setting enabled; AutoRotation (earth and camera) is set to 0
  • Details: After plane detection creates a plane, I tap the plane to place the globe on the touch point. The moment the globe is placed, it beings spinning wildly counterclockwise (right). Testing with a simple cube, the cube is placed properly with no issues.

2) Problem: The Respect Other UI option works in editor with mouse interactions, but when built to an Android device, touch goes through the UI.
  • Building to Android
  • Using AR Foundation, with AR Core
  • WPM settings: Grid off; countries, provinces, and cities are disabled; Respect Other UI is the only interaction setting enabled; AutoRotation (earth and camera) is set to 0
  • Details: In editor, I get the expected interaction - UI that covers the globe blocks mouse input (i.e. cannot rotate globe with UI panel overlaid). However, when built to the device, touch goes through the UI element, so in this case, I am able to spin the globe with touch through the UI panel. This holds true whether I am using AR or not.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1) Spinning issue when Globe is placed in AR, and 2) Respecting Other UI
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 12:12:16 PM »
The first issue can be a race condition between the instantiation using tap on screen and the asset thinking that you're dragging it. I'll disable interactions during the first few frames so the first tap doesn't affect the interactions.

Regarding the second issue, it's being investigated.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 12:58:05 PM »
Could you please try latest beta? (You now have access to the private beta board).

dxrdev0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 03:03:35 PM »
Appreciate the quick turn-around and the beta access. Both problems appear to have been resolved. However, I did discover that if the globe is childed to anything, even an empty GameObject, both issues will persist when built to mobile devices.