Author Topic: Beautify 2 Errors and Warnings  (Read 83 times)

robertwahler

• View Profile
Beautify 2 Errors and Warnings
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »
Hello,

The current version of Beautify on the Asset store has an error.

Code
GetDefaultRenderTextureDescriptor() is missing and required unless VR_MODULE_PRESENT is defined

There is also a warning that I cannot figure out. This warning occurs on the previous version as well as long as Bloom is enabled. This is with the built in pipeline on macOS, Unity 2019.4.12f1

Code
Metal: Fragment shader missing texture binding at index 3 (_BloomSourceDepth / Beautify/Beautify)

Thanks for you help,
robert

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beautify 2 Errors and Warnings
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 09:16:05 PM »
Hi Robert,

Could you please use latest version from the beta board (8.3.1b). Just refreshed with fixes.

Regards

robertwahler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:57:13 PM »
That fixed the error but not the warning about the shader missing texture binding. Any idea what that is? Seems to work fine but I can't live with warnings in my console :)

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 09:58:13 PM »
I think it's an Unity bug with Metal (as it's known to occur also with URP and other assets) but I'm investigating it.

robertwahler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 09:43:55 PM »
I have a workaround. Disable the Metal API Validation in Player Settings. I don't like this as a permanent solution, if I knew the warning number, I could disable just this warning with a PRAGMA directive.

I got the tip from this site: https://staggart.xyz/unity/sc-post-effects/scpe-docs/?section=troubleshooting-6