Author Topic: Quick Build function not working  (Read 48 times)

rcalffx

• View Profile
Quick Build function not working
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:44:37 PM »
I'm having an issue with a large project where attempting to use the "quick build" function in the build view doesn't give any results. I build my project and if I 1) close the window before building, nothing will show when I re-open or 2) leave the window open when building, I get an error when the program attempts to redraw the UI. This function works fine in other projects, just not this massive one that I'm working on now. Project scan works just fine, but I'd like to see how each build differs when I change the build settings, if at all.

I should note that building this project can take 20+ minutes. Is there a timeout on the quick build function that could be causing it to not work with a large project like this? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Build function not working
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 07:50:06 PM »
Hello,

The "Quick Build" function will just discard shader compilation. It doesn't affect any other file like script files or other libraries.
Your build should be functional except that it doesn't contain any valid shader so most objects will look pink or black.

The function will annotate all shaders before discarding just before they are going to be compiled. The list of shaders of the project (all of them) should then appear in the window after the build has finished.

Regards