Author Topic: Highlight not showing when using singlepass stereo rendering on Pico VR  (Read 46 times)

Robin

Hi!

I have an issue where the Highlight plus asset is not working when using single pass stereo rendering on the Pico VR headset.
It seems to have to do with the fact that Pico is issuing a clearrendertarget command through commandbuffer to the rendering queue (inside of unity method OnPreRender) and this somehow is messing with the graphics.drawmeshnow logic inside of the HighlightEffect script. We are not using the asset on any skinned meshrenderers.

Have you experienced others having issues with the asset on Pico VR single pass stereo rendering? Do you have any ideas on what i could try to fix this?

Thank you!
Br
/Robin

Robin

Oh!
I should also add that the ClearRenderTarget command buffer is added in the render queue using CameraEvent.BeforeForwardOpaque.
Br
/Robin

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have a Pico VR headset to check this issue. Clearing the rendering target would effectively remove the aiblity to reuse the depth buffer for drawing the outlines.

Have you tried using other outline quality modes (fastest or highest)?