Author Topic: Xframe for unity overdraw problem with popups.  (Read 68 times)

Emerald falcon

• View Profile
Xframe for unity overdraw problem with popups.
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:40:42 AM »
Hi,  first i would like to clarify that this problem has nothing to do with xframe.  It is a common problem with unity gui system.
When a popup is created over a base gui, then there is an overdraw situation that occurs.  This overdraw results in a huge fps drop during game play on mobile. 

Propose solution using xframe:  i am currently using xframe in my project for more graphic intensive gameplay and not on the gui part.  Since xframe works by takinh screenshots with render textures, i thoufht that it might be interesting to solve the popup roblem by taking a screenshot of the base gui and then using that as a fake stand in.  Then disabling the base gui and then putting the popup gui on top.  I understand that xframe does a similar thing by creating ongoing snapshots using render textures.  Would there be a setting in xframe that would only take one snapshot that i can use as a stand in fake for the base gui.

Thanks in advance

Tim
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 08:50:04 AM by Emerald falcon »

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Xframe for unity overdraw problem with popups.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 12:29:00 PM »
Hi,

X-Frame currently doesn't have an option to make a snapshot persistent.
You could use a second camera to render the screen into a render texture and then disable it once you have taken the snapshow and use the render texture as a background for your UI?