Author Topic: Volumetric Lights - 3D 360 export - Strange Ghosting per eye  (Read 31 times)

DavidC

• View Profile
Hi, I'm using Volumetric Lights on Unity 2019.4.18f1 Standard Renderer and I hope you can help with an issue. I'm using Unity Recorder to export Stereo 360 video and the light has strange ghosting in each eye (as you can see in the attached pic).

I disabled Post Processing and created a new camera but the issue still persists - is there something I've missed / aren't doing correctly? The plugin is great but I'd love to get this working. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Volumetric Lights - 3D 360 export - Strange Ghosting per eye
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 04:38:51 PM »
Hi David,

It seems related to a recorder bug by which the depth texture doesn't aligh with the geometry being rendered per each side of the cubemap as you can see in this video:
https://youtu.be/S4Bp2pOx_4s

I've added a workaround in the latest beta which reconstructs the world position based on the ODSWorldTexture generated by the recorder and it seems to work fine on my end.
Please check the beta and let me know how it goes.

DavidC

• View Profile
Re: Volumetric Lights - 3D 360 export - Strange Ghosting per eye
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:08:59 PM »
Thank you for the reply - yes this is useful. Quick question - where can I get the latest Beta? I don't see a version other than the one I purchased...

I'll investigate it and report back once I get it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 04:15:51 PM by DavidC »