Author Topic: Cell highlight on mobile after clicking UI-element  (Read 37 times)

lautzipa

• View Profile
Cell highlight on mobile after clicking UI-element
« on: May 04, 2021, 10:47:27 AM »
Hello!

Sorry if this is a noob-question, but I'm having an issue with cell highlighting/clicking on mobile.

I have a 2D-grid with RespectOtherUI and HighlightWhileDrag enabled. Everything is working perfectly fine on mouse on editor.
However, on mobile device after I click a button, I have to first click a cell and it becomes highlighted and then click it again to fire OnCellClick-events.
Also if I click an UI-element and then try to drag over grid, cells don't highlight.

Is there a way to immediately click cells on mobile as well without having to double click?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cell highlight on mobile after clicking UI-element
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 05:53:43 PM »
Is it with Grids 2D or TGS?

lautzipa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:59:14 PM »

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 08:53:29 AM »
Hi,

Could you please make sure you're using the latest version?
I've made a repro, using demo scene Demo04_a_CellTexture, adding a single button at the center and enabling the Highlight On Drag setting.
On Android it works as expected. When clicking on the button, the cell is not affected. Then clicking on a cell immediately triggers the event and that cell is textured.
Click and drag also highlights cells.

If problem persists on your end after checking you're using latest version, could you please send me a simple scene as a repro?

Thank you.

lautzipa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
Thank you, updating to the latest version fixed the issue! It still happens when running the game on Unity Remote, but the build works now fine.