Author Topic: Fog to blend horizon with skybox  (Read 26 times)

Philkrom

Fog to blend horizon with skybox
« on: May 01, 2021, 04:32:47 PM »
Concerns your answer post in the Volumetric Fog and Myst forum
Hi Phil,
What you want is an effect that blends geometry with skybox color based on distance, right? That's a different kind of fog implementation (even they can be named similarly). We can add this as an option, as this seems interesting, into Dynamic Fog & Mist which is aimed to deliver far/distance/height fog effects. Please contact us by email or use our support forum on kronnect.com to get access to the beta and give it a try when it's ready.
Regards

Yes, I am very interested in this feature ! Please send me the beta !
When do you think it could be ready ?
Best regards, Phil
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:25:19 AM by Kronnect »

Philkrom

Re: Fog to blend horizon with skybox
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »
I just discovered your Skybox Plus asset and plan to buy it, do you think that the blend option will work with this asset ?
Best regards
Phil

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 05:26:33 PM »
Blending with a skybox implies that the fog shader needs to replicate the skybox when drawing the fog layer, so this kind of fog effects usually are limited to a certain kind of skyboxes, like the procedural or cubemap-based skybox in Unity.
Skybox Plus uses a more advanced skybox with lot of options so it's not that easy.

Before proceeding, could you please confirm:
1) Are you using built-in or URP pipeline?
2) Have you tried Dynamic Fog & Mist fog effect in Desktop Plus mode? It's a much more advanced effect than Unity default fog and it covers both the horizon and the sky. If you have tried it and it doesn't give the result you want, could you perhaps add a reference image or capture of what you're getting (or what you would like to get?).

Thanks.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 11:14:52 AM »
Latest beta of Dynamic Fog & Mist for built-in now includes a "Skybox Blending" option. Please sign up and send me your invoice number to get access to the private/beta board.