Author Topic: Feature Request: Disable normals when using deferred rendering  (Read 119 times)

demonixis

• View Profile
Hello,
I use the asset with URP 2021.2 and the deferred renderer. This work well except that there is no control on the normal term like we have in forward rendering.
The problem with normal is that it produce very glitchy results so the best way in my case is to disable the feature.
Can you add a checkbox in the render feature when deferred is enabled to disable normal map please?

Thank you and good job for this great asset :) It's almost perfect in forward rendering.

Have you plans to make it VR ready too? Thanks to this, VR projects on PC can looks like Unreal in some case!

Cheers,
Yannick.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Request: Disable normals when using deferred rendering
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 07:47:15 PM »
Hi,

Try using the "Specular Control" option under "Compositing Settings" in the global settings.
That option let you tame those specular highlights which can be produced by sharp normals.

Regarding VR, yes, we're adding support for it. Currently under some testing.

Regards

demonixis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 07:26:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I was able to use the Forward mode in deferred, what is the impact of performances?
I think it's probably better to use the deferred integration but wanted to ask ;)

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 08:42:23 AM »
In forward, performance depends on the number of objects receiving reflections in the camera frustum. If there's no visible objects receiving reflections, there's 0 performance loss.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 08:45:09 AM by Kronnect »

demonixis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 07:17:15 AM »
All right, thanks! I don't found the specular control on the render feature asset, where is it exactly?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 09:12:38 AM »
It's under Compositing settings: