Author Topic: voxel details not saved correctly or weird load override  (Read 49 times)

Sunshine

voxel details not saved correctly or weird load override
« on: April 06, 2021, 04:35:47 PM »
Hi,
I have something weird happening with the save/load system and the premade house voxel details.
if I place a series of blocks inside a house and save then reload, everything that was previously in the house all the way to the limit of the "detail" gets erased, I was wondering if that was an override issue or just some saving problem.
thanks!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: voxel details not saved correctly or weird load override
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 05:40:55 PM »
Hi,

In VP, when you place or destroy voxels, that chunk is marked as modified (chunk.modified = true), and it gets saved along other modified chunks.
When you load the game, the chunks are loaded as they were saved. However, if you place a model afterwards somehow, you could be replacing the loaded contents.

I've done a quick test - locate a house in demo scene 1, place/destroy some voxels inside the house and save it (from the console, enter /save). Then restart the scene and the character starts inside the house (it remembers the position where you saved the game) and the placed/destroyed voxels are there as expected.

Could you please try to replicate it using demo scene 1 or somehow?

Sunshine

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 07:55:26 PM »
hmmm.. so it works in scene demo 01
so it would be in my own scene.
I Imported the Voxel Play UI Canvas, Voxel Play Environment and FPSController that were in the demo scene 01, is there anything else I need to setup to be able to save correctly?
I used both the ctrl+f4 and the /save and both gives me the same outcome in my scene, but in the demo scene 01 both works.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 08:36:33 PM »
Feel free to send us your test project.
We’ll take a look into it.

Sunshine

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:49 AM »
so I don't know what happened before but I created a new scene and reimported stuff from my old scene into this new one and now it seems to work after some testing.... hurray? haha