Author Topic: Weird Grass bug when having 2 scenes, one with snow, one without  (Read 12 times)

TurtleKid1627

• View Profile
Hello, I'm using the Global Snow 2 Decal Version and I'm experiencing a weird bug. I have multiple Unity scenes, one has snow, the others don't (A winter scene, summer scene, spring scene etc). All scenes have different terrains. When I add Global Snow 2 script to the snow scene, then switch to any other scene, all the grass in the other scenes gets turned white, even though they don't contain the global snow script anywhere. If I close the project and re-open it, it turns back to its original green colour, so it's not a huge problem, just an inconvenience. I'm super confused why it's happening.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Grass bug when having 2 scenes, one with snow, one without
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 09:51:21 AM »
When you apply Global Snow 2 to the terrain, it will replace the shaders of the terrain detail prototypes by snow-ed versions of those shaders.
If those materials are used in a different scene, that scene will also receive snow.

Clicking "Remove Snow from Scene" in the inspector will restore the material shaders to their previous shaders. You can also call "WFCustomShaders_RemoveSnow()" or "WFCustomShaders_ApplySnow()" methods of Global Snow 2 script to remove or apply snow to the scene.