Author Topic: HDRP support  (Read 551 times)

williewight

• View Profile
HDRP support
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:11:46 PM »
I would like to use the raytracing in HDRP but I don't think that wpm supports it currently, is there any plans to make it compatible?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HDRP support
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:37:41 PM »
Hi,
We have no plans to add support for HDRP to the map assets. They are designed for built-in and URP.
HDRP is mostly designed for photo-realistic environments and its requirements are very different. Most shaders need to be rewritten from scratch for HDRP and are not compatible with built-in/URP. Not only the shader library is different but also the render queues and Graphics API support.
Regards

Michael Pickering

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 04:53:50 AM »
Just to clarify, would the existing asset work in an HDRP project? That's all I'd want -- it doesn't need to look any 'better' it would just need to render about like it does in a built-in or URP project, simply because I would like very much to use your map asset in my HDRP project!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
Thank you! Unfortunately, HDRP means subtle changes that impact the assets in many ways like different handling of render queues. Only the World Map 2D Edition and World Map Strategy Kit assets in their 2D modes work fine in HDRP. The World Map Globe Edition and World Map Strategy Kit in viewport mode do not work in HDRP as their shaders are specific to built-in and URP.