Author Topic: Can't get Shader Control to show under Unity>Assets drop-down (Browse Shaders)  (Read 54 times)

occupied85

• View Profile
Hello,
I installed Shader Control through Unity's Package Manager, unity version 2019.4.12f1, and Shader Control version 6.2.1.

I am not sure what I am missing, but the Browse Shaders option doesn't appear under the Assets drop-down list in my unity. Am I missing enabling a feature/function? (following the PDF instruction that came with the package). :-[

I restarted unity a couple of times because I know it sometimes requires a restart for a new package to start working but to no avail. Any guidance and suggestions are appreciated!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello,
Thatís strange indeed.
Does your project exhibit any error in the console? Any compiler error would prevent further compilation of Shader Control hence not showing up in menu.
Also, do you get the same problem if you import Shader Control in an empty project?

occupied85

• View Profile
Hello,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I started new project and installed shader control first and it shows up no problem.

In the existing project, aside from shader number exceeding 256 error x10, I get
>
Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.1\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(453,84): error CS0103: The name 'VersionControlSettings' does not exist in the current context

>
Tried select unknown importer for id '2089858483' 'f5b0c1b3249cf1794955ebfa2e8cdbf9'

not sure where the last error comes from.

I think, I'll try to import assets to new project to see if any issues happen. Thanks!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Right, that TextMeshPro error is the culprit. Try to reinstall or upgrade that plugin using Package Manager. After script errors are solved, Shader Control will compile and show up in the menu.