Author Topic: Unity URP bloom layer mask?  (Read 43 times)

Silweri

• View Profile
Unity URP bloom layer mask?
« on: October 16, 2020, 09:05:40 PM »
I'm not sure if I changed some settings on the project, or what is going on, but I'm missing quality setting of Beautify 2  and layer mask on bloom on URP project?

I have updated the Beautify 2 on latest version on Unity Asset Store.

Bloom is currently spilling to all reflective surfaces and I'd like to apply it only to lights.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unity URP bloom layer mask?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »
Hi,

The URP version of Beautify currently don't have a culling mask option for bloom due to limitations of the pipeline. We're looking into new ways to achieve the same effect.

Regarding the quality setting, there're some new options on top of the inspector which are aimed to optimize the shader features like "Prioritize Shader Performance" or "Direct Write To Camera" (this last one is great on mobile).

Silweri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 09:49:00 PM »
Hi,

The URP version of Beautify currently don't have a culling mask option for bloom due to limitations of the pipeline. We're looking into new ways to achieve the same effect.

Regarding the quality setting, there're some new options on top of the inspector which are aimed to optimize the shader features like "Prioritize Shader Performance" or "Direct Write To Camera" (this last one is great on mobile).

Thank you for reply.

Do you have any advice on how to get the bloom to stop spilling on reflections on surfaces, or is the only way to wait for possible update?

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »
We'll add this option in next update. In the meanwhile your only choice is to adjust the roughness of the surfaces to make them less shining or increase the bloom threshold.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:30 PM »
Hello,

Latest Beautify for URP beta now includes the Bloom Exclusion Mask option.

Regards