Author Topic: Bug? Zoom out behaviour results in scrolling horizontally/ vertically on map  (Read 987 times)

flo

• View Profile
Hello,

sorry for opening up another thread with another problem - but I was not able to find a solution myself.

I have the following bad behaviour while zooming out in my application (using viewport + horizontal wrap):

When I zoom out to the maximum and continue zooming out (eg. continue scrolling or keeping two fingers on the mobile device), the map starts dragging vertically/ horizontally around. I've deepdived into the examples to solve this problem and evaluated if the behaviours there are comparable/ the same.

- e.g. Example 501 or 503 do not have this behaviour (when I continue zooming out, the application is not dragging, but dragging manually is also not possible on max-zoom-out)
- Example 507 or 403 have the same behaviour as my application (When I continue zooming out, the application starts dragging vertically/ horizontally).

I first thought that its related to active horizontal wrap, but example 403 shows the same behaviour (But has no horizontal wrap activated)

As I compile on mobile devices the map is permanently scrolling when having tapped with two fingers on the screen.
Is this behaviour working as designed or a bug?

Thank you & best
Flo
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:49:10 AM by Kronnect »

flo

• View Profile
One addition: The behaviour is not only happening when I move out, also when I zoom in (Or keep two fingers on the screen).

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, will check this behaviour. I'd say that dragging can occur even at maximum zoom but it could be an issue on mobile. I'll get back to you.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Could you try latest beta please?

flo

• View Profile
I've tested it - Massive improvement, thank you for fixing that quickly! :-)
I have another follow up issue which is also related to zooming behaviour:

I understand that the damping duration for dragging is configurable, therefore I can disable it by setting it to 0.

Is this also possible to change the damping duration within the zooming behaviour? The default zoom damping causes an issue on mobile as users don't understand when to release their two fingers while zooming. Therefore I'd like to disable damping at zooming in the same way as its possible at the dragging.

Thank you for your help!

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Zoom damping duration option added to latest beta.
Cheers!