Author Topic: Competition 2020 [Winners Announced!]  (Read 1782 times)

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Competition 2020 [Winners Announced!]
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:06:36 PM »

Announcing Voxel Play competition for 2020!

Until October 15th 2020 participate and win $$$. Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Best World, Best Interface and Best Mobs.

- Best World Award: awarded to the most beautiful, rich and awesome environment created using Voxel Play. Prize: $200.
- Best Interface Award: awarded to the best design and implementation of in-game UI including inventory, crafting and overall player interactions. Prize: $150.
- Best Mobs Award: awarded to the best set of animated NPCs, creatures and animated stuff. Prize: $150.

Frequent Asked Questions

Who can participate?
Anyone with a valid license of Voxel Play.

What is Voxel Play?
Voxel Play is a framework for Unity platform that allows you to quickly create compelling, rich and interactive voxel worlds.
Check out this video for an introduction of Voxel Play.
Also, learn more about Voxel Play on the Asset Store.

How can I participate?
- Reply to this thread or post in our Discord server links to videos, screenshots or demo versions of your game or project using Voxel Play.
- Please do not attach images or files to this thread. Host the images or videos elsewhere and include the links.
- Include the name of your project, some generic information about it and as many links to material so we can appreciate the awesomeness of your project.
- There're no limits to the number of posts and you can send your progress at any time until the competition ends.

When does the competition start and end?
The competition starts now on May 6th 2020 and ends on October 15th 15pm CET. During this period we encourage you to post material and progress about your game.

Are there 3 categories?
Yes, 3 prizes will be awarded and they can be cumulative, meaning that the same project can be awarded with the 3 prizes if it's worth of it. So you can win up to $500.

When will be winners be announced?
The week after October 15h, we'll review carefully all the material submitted to date.
The results will be posted on this thread, communicated to the winners directly and also included in a special newsletter.

Are there any requirements to receive the prize?
You must be able to receive the money through PayPal.

Can I use a modified version of Voxel Play?
Yes. Assets or frameworks like Voxel Play are tools that you should adapt to your project needs.

Can I use Voxel Play in commercial games?
Of course. Voxel Play, as all Unity assets, are designed to help you build your game.

I have a question about the competition.
Send me a pm with your questions.

We wish you the best of luck!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:09:26 PM by Kronnect »

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Competition 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 09:37:51 PM »
To make it easier sharing/posting competition showcases, you can post your showcase here or on our Discord server here: https://discord.gg/EH2GMaM

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Competition 2020
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »
Competition has ended...

Winners of Voxel Play Competition 2020!

Best World Award
Project Templest by h1ddentree

Best Interface Award
Project Templest by h1ddentree

Best Mobs Award
Voxel Rune by Trikscool

Congratulations to the winners!

We'd like to thank everyone participating in this competition and following the submissions. It's been amazing to watch the evolution of these projects. Keep creating!

If you're new to this forum, please take a minute to sign up and also subscribe to our Youtube channel where you can get the latest announcements, demos and tutorials for our assets and related projects.