Author Topic: Questions & Compatibility with Beautify  (Read 1913 times)

Gringan

• View Profile
Questions & Compatibility with Beautify
« on: March 02, 2017, 04:50:21 PM »
Hi.

I own beaufify. I would like to know if beautify and volumetric fog can works together. ( Can i add on same camera ? )
I need to add fog all around my map ( limits ) and in some places.

I need also to decrease the fog amount in that places when player complete quests.

Is this possible with this assets ?

Thanks you.

Sorry for my poor English

Best Regards.

Kronnect

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions & Compatibility with Beautify
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
Hi !

Yes, sure, Beautify is compatible with Volumetric Fog & Mist. For a best result, you may want to add Volumetric Fog & Mist after Beautify in the camera's stack of scripts.

To reduce or cancel fog on certain areas, you have 3 options (in order of difficulty):

1- Use Fog Void. This option eliminates the fog around certain position, for instance, around the character. You can specify the position, size and also the shape of the void (square or spherical).

2- Use Fog Volumes. You can add any number of fog volumes on your scene and specify a different alpha value for each one. Just drag and drop the Fog Volume prefab to the scene and customize the location and size of the collider. Note that the alpha value will affect the entire fog.

3- Use Fog of War. This feature allows you to use a texture whose alpha channel determines the transparency of the fog at any position. For example you can have a texture of 1024x1024 mapped around world position 0,0,0 and with a world size of 1024x1024 so each alpha value of the texture maps to a world position. Check the fog of war demo scene.

Let me know how it goes.