So what is everyone building these days?

Started by incursio, February 06, 2016, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michal

Hi,
I want to buy WMSK asset but first i want to ask if i can make game like European War 4 with WMSK?Im designer not programmer :) Thank You

Kronnect

Hello Michal,
Thanks for your interest in WMSK. This framework can help developers build a similar game but you will need to code anyway. WMSK provides a foundation for many complex visualization aspects but game logic, persistence and networking in a game like EU or Civilization for example are up to you.
You can develop Quiz or simple Risk based games with very little code though. It just depends on your ambitions and coding skills!
Cheers

Michal

Thank You for response :)
Please can i use free Turn based strategy framework in WMSK Map?Will it be hard to implement?In that framework is grid too but i want to use all mechanics from that framework in WMSK grid.
And one more question - if i want have WMSK on two computers is it possible?Or i must buy one license for each PC?Because i have notebook and PC and i want to have it on both.Thanks :)

Kronnect

Hi Michal,

No, you can't use that framework along WMSK - there're different frameworks and won't work together. However as WMSK has its own grid system and pathfinding engine, I'm not sure why you would want to use both systems. It there any feature you have found in that framework that you don't find in WMSK?

Regarding licenses, according to Asset Store EULA 2.4 section, you need to purchase 2 licenses of the asset because Editor Extensions are licensed based on computer, not per developer:
https://unity3d.com/es/legal/as_terms

Regards.